In looking back on the class thus far I cannot bring to mind one individual thing that stands out. There are many things that have caused me to question just how ethical I really am. The strongest emotion I feel is one of confusion. I am in a situation at work where I could be a whistle blower of sorts and I thought I had made my decision but after the reading and discussions for this class I am rethinking the course I have chosen.
I wrote an explanation of what was going on but then erased it. Obviously I am conflicted. How do you decide a course of action when doing what you think is right could hurt others? I just finished a book in which one of the lead characters tells himself to always do the right thing even when it is the hard thing. Easy for a fictional character to say.
Hopefully the remaining weeks of class will enlighten me and the best course of action will become startling clear.
Becky
Yes, ethics are general and decisions are particular. That makes it very hard to decide. Best wishes for your difficult decisions.
ReplyDelete