George

George
Class is over, time to rest. =^..^=

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

How was the 2nd book?

Hello All,

In the beginning of the second book for this class, “Judgment In Managerial Decision Making” by M. Bazerman and D. Moore, there is an illustration of two tables. They look to be different sizes but, in actuality, they are the same size. That is the one thing that stands out the most to me in the book. It is a simple thing but it was astounding to me that I could not trust my own eyes. They say seeing is believing, not always.

The part of the book that was interesting but overwhelming was the part with all of the problems, chapter 2. While the problems were interesting and I am sure they explained the concepts, they were filled with more math than my non-math brain can comprehend. They were just confusing. I could figure out some of them but a few were beyond my ability and even with a math person trying to explain them to me I had no luck.

I enjoyed the part about improving decision making. I like when tools are set forth that can be used in a practical way. Theory is nice but it is even nicer to have an idea that is attached to an action.

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment