George

George
Class is over, time to rest. =^..^=

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Self Assessment Blog Entry

The learning objectives for this class are what I expected and look like they will be fun. I am always eager to learn new things.
The hardest part of this class for me will be the research paper. I don’t do well with research papers. First, I have a hard time selecting a subject. I am much more comfortable when I am given a subject and told to write about it. Second, I get overwhelmed with the amount of research that I do and lose track of where I found what information. I then have a problem sighting the information correctly. I will need to create some kind of an organizational system to keep it all straight. Third, my writing style is not structured enough for research paper writing. I write to speak instead of writing to read. Finally, I get bored to easily and start to write just to get it done versus to do it well. I prefer writing prose over research and need to find a way to make research writing an enjoyable experience.
I am looking forward to the commercial. I think it will be hard but it will also be a lot of fun. It is an opportunity to be creative.
I enjoy the blackboard experience. It is fun to have interesting discussions with people. I enjoy being challenged by the point of view of others. Often a posting will lead me to think of an issue in a new way. I get bored with the postings that just repeat the question and then answer it with quotes from the book. I read the book; I want to hear what your thoughts are. I tend to ignore the postings that don’t add something new which is probably a little rude.
Hopefully my classmates will enjoy my company as much as I am already enjoying theirs.
Becky

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to hearing your insights - it should be a great class with lots of interaction.

    ReplyDelete